Sales tax mistakes and frustrating audits are no fun. Tax laws and compliance regulations are constantly changing. As you are closing out your books on 2016, do you know the proper steps you should take to minimize your 2017 liabilities?
Here’s the harsh reality: last year’s best practices may no longer be relevant today.
But don’t worry, we’re here to get you up to speed in a hurry!
Take lunch (or your mid-morning break) at your desk on Wednesday, February 8, 2017 and spend the time with us as we share with you:
You’ll look like a rock star to your executive team when you save your company major time, headaches, and money because you’ll learn:
- How to manage Nexus Rules and Amazon Laws.
- What areas auditors like to actively seek offenders (and how to ensure your company doesn’t fall prey).
- How zip codes affect your tax rates.
- Why exemption certificates are risky business.
- How your industry, product or service may be affected by online sales tax rules.
- And 5 more useful 2017 appropriate “best practices” to follow.
10 Ways to Avoid Costly Sales Tax Mistakes in 2017
Date: Wednesday, February 8, 2017
Time: 1pm Eastern / 10am Pacific
About Your Presenter:
Nazie Shafizadeh is a Regional Sales Manager for Avalara. Avalara provides tax automation for businesses of all sizes.
About Your Host:
Val Chick is the Partner Account Manager at Blytheco. Blytheco offers strategic business consulting and technology solutions to help companies grow their business.