If you’ve been tasked with finding the right business management software, or ERP, for your organization, you may feel as though you have a big task ahead of you.
I won’t lie: an ERP comparison to identify the right software for your company’s needs now and for the future is not easy. But it’s completely doable.
One of the things that can make the search easier is to identify some key questions that you need to answer. Toward that end, here are some questions we suggest you ask:
- Does your company need “anytime, anywhere” access?
- Does your business require special customizations to accommodate unique facets of your company, or do you feel your processes are fairly standard?
- How many users will need access to the system?
- Will you need to accommodate e-commerce? That is, do you sell products via a website?
- What problems are you trying to solve, such as better visibility into financials, multi-currency issues, better analytics and forecasting of manufacturing processes or other?
- Is this an IT project or a project that will involve a cross-functional team?
- Do you want to integrate your ERP software with CRM (customer relationship management), marketing automation, or other systems?
- Do you have a budget for this project, and is it realistic given the scope of what you want to accomplish?
- How many different ERP solutions do you offer? (Beware of those resellers that only offer one solution.)
- What ERP software is the best fit generally for our industry?
- How many clients have you worked with in our industry?
- How often do you update your software?
- How is your pricing structured: License-based, subscription, or other?
- Does your system include or integrate with CRM or marketing automation?
- What additional modules might we need, given our business, and what is their cost?
These questions, of course, are just the tip of the iceberg. You’ll want to gather questions from throughout your organization, and as you talk to different vendors, additional questions will arise. Be sure to ask as many questions as you can throughout your ERP software comparison so that you can be sure you know what you are getting.
As an important step in this process, we invite you to join us for a free webinar where we’ll compare two top ERP systems: Sage and NetSuite. We’ll review the strengths and best industries for Sage ERP X3 and NetSuite ERP, as well as take a first look at two new products from Sage: X3 Cloud and Sage Live.
Register today for NetSuite vs. Sage: Which Software is the Best for Your Company?