It is hard to believe that 2015 is almost over – where did the time go! Blytheco wants you to be ready for not only year-end 2015 but also the new Affordable Care Act (ACA) requirements that go into effect. Sage Software has incorporated the new ACA features into Sage 100 payroll that are now required for most employers. Here is what you need to know for year-end 2015:
- Sage 100 Product Update: In order to process Payroll and the required ACA forms for tax filing year 2015, the applicable product update, released by Sage on November 18, 2015, must be installed. As with any product or version update, contact us to confirm you will not encounter any conflicts with other software enhancements or customizations. Some versions will require new Sage Software unlocking keys. Without the new keys, your payroll module will become disabled until it is reactivated with the new keys.
- Employee Copy of Forms: Sage 100 now prints W-2, W-3 and Form 1099’s on plain paper. However, IRS regulations require that Employee copies of these forms (W-2 Copies B, C and 2 and Form 1099 except Copy C) must be printed on perforated paper. These forms can be ordered from Sage Software. Contact Sage Software at 800-617-3224 or www.sagechecks.com/estore.
- Tax Form Printing: Sage 100 Year-End tax forms are printed using the Aatrix eFiling and Reporting options. This feature is a workstation resident installation. Is this feature installed on the required workstations?
- eFiling: Aatrix offers a package price to eFile your returns to the appropriate government agency, mail copies to your employees and print your employer copies of the W2 forms. No more printing, assembling and mailing of W2s and 1099s! They have also added the new ACA forms to the package pricing.
- ACA Designation: Determine if your company falls under the category “Applicable Large Employer”. Sage has provided a report to assist with this determination.
- ACA Setup: Sage 100 contains new setup screens for the ACA Employer and Employee information required for the new government Forms 1094/1095, if appropriate for your company.
- ACA Employee Information: Depending on the size of your organization, this activity can be a time consuming event. Please do not wait until the last minute to start this process!
- Timing of your 2016 Tax Table Installation: It is important to time the installation of next year’s tax table after the completion of your W2/W3’s for 2015. Improper installation can cause incorrect values to print on these forms.
Blytheco is ready to assist you with your Sage 100 payroll needs. Please contact us as soon as possible to schedule an appointment with your consultant.
This is a busy time of year for all of us and we want your 2015 year-end to be a non-event! Call us at 949-583-9500 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your product update installation, ACA implementation and year-end assistance.